Are you worried because your period is late? Pregnancy is something you’ve thought about for your future, but not now. You’re not ready to be pregnant. A missed period is one of the early signs of pregnancy, but there are other reasons your period could be late. Take a closer look at the many early signs of pregnancy.
Early Signs of Pregnancy
Just as every woman is unique, so is every pregnancy. Here are a few common symptoms that women may experience during the early weeks and months of pregnancy.
- A missed or late period
- Tender or swollen breasts
- Frequent urination
- Nausea or vomiting (Morning Sickness)
- Fatigue or increased tiredness
- Mild abdominal cramping
- Food cravings or aversions
- Mood Swings
Having a late period does not mean you are automatically pregnant. A change in your menstrual cycle could happen if you have had rapid weight gain or loss, hormonal changes, increased physical exertion, or a lot of stress. Plus, nearly 20% of known pregnancies end in a natural miscarriage. A woman can still receive a positive pregnancy test even though she’s already miscarried. An ultrasound will tell you if you have miscarried.
Free Pregnancy Services
We promise to never judge, lecture or disrespect you in any way. We are a safe place to talk about your situation and your future dreams. You will only receive truthful, fact-based information from us.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Free pregnancy tests
- Free limited ultrasounds
- Physical, emotional, and spiritual support
- Free limited financial support (case-by-case) *
- Referrals for medical care, housing, social services, and legal aid
* NOTE: Financial support is provided on a need-by-need basis, and may include assistance with rent, utilities, transportation, and/or other critical needs. All these support services are free of charge to clients.
Contact us and schedule an appointment for a free pregnancy test and the opportunity to talk with someone about your situation. Don’t face an unplanned pregnancy alone. We’re here for you.